Frequently Asked Questions
Am I qualified to take an NHA exam?
Do I qualify to take an NHA exam?
To test, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have successfully completed a training program OR have one year work experience within the field. Your state may have additional requirements for becoming certified or licensed (where required) so you should check with your state licensing board for specific information.
- Phlebotomy Technician Candidates Only - Training/work experience must include a minimum of 30 successful venipunctures and 10 successful capillary sticks. These venipuncture and capillary sticks must be performed on live individuals. Candidates are prohibited from using mannequins to meet this requirement.
EKG Technician Candidates Only - Training/work experience must include performing a minimum of 10 successful EKG’s. These EKG’s must be performed on live individuals. Candidates are prohibited from using mannequins to meet this requirement.
Do I qualify to take the pharmacy technician exam?
To be able to take the ExCPT pharmacy technician exam, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or the equivalent
Have successfully completed a training program OR
have a minimum of 12 months of pharmacy-related work experience within the last 36 months.
How do I register for an exam?
How do I keep my certification current?
How do I keep my NHA certification current? (See next question for keeping your ExCPT certification valid)
Once certified, you are required to complete 10 Continuing Education credits online and pay a recertification fee. Click here for instructions on how to complete your CEUs.
How do I keep my ExCPT certification current?
What are the benefits of NHA certification?
- Demonstrates your commitment to your chosen profession
- May give you a competitive edge during your job search
- May improve your earning potential, career opportunities and advancement options
- Assures your employer that you obtain the necessary skills for scope of employment
- ases consumer confidence and safety
I've forgotten my password
For more frequently asked questions please go to Student FAQ's.
Didn’t quite find the answer you were looking for? Click on the Live Help link below to chat with one of our representatives
For sales inquiries: email@example.com
For general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Healthcareer Association
11161 Overbrook Road
Leawood, Kansas 66211
Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm EST
Sat: 9am-2pm EST
Phone: (800) 499-9092
Fax: (913) 661-6291