Requirements: [Ann Code of MD 12-201, Statute 12-6B-02]
1. Applicant must provide evidence that the applicant is a high school student, high school graduate or has a GED.
2. Nationally certified. (If not nationally certified candidate must be 17 years of age, enrolled in or completed a Board-approved training program and pass the accompanying exam.)
3. Applicant must submit an application ($45) to the pharmacy board.
4. Complete and submit a State Criminal history Record Check Application.
Applicant must submit a renewal application to the pharmacy board biannually.
Before registration, technicians must:
1. Be certified by a national pharmacy technician certification program
2. Complete a board-approved training program that includes 160 hours of work experience and is no longer than six months’ duration.
[Ann Code of MD 12-205, Statute 12-6B-02]
The Maryland Board of Pharmacy lists board approved training on their website. The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program along with 160 hours of practical experience is approved by the Maryland Board.
Only required to maintain certification.
Can the ExCPT be Taken?
Certification is required by a national pharmacy technician certification program (a program approved by a Board-recognized national accrediting body). ExCPT is approved by the Maryland Board.
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at email@example.com. Thank you.