1. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older;
2. Applicant must provide evidence of a high school diploma or equivalent;
3. Applicant must show proficiency in written and spoken English;
4. Applicant must submit an application fee set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:39-1.3;
5. Applicant must submit his or her name, address and fingerprints for purposes of a criminal history background check pursuant to N.J.S.A. 45:1-28 et seq., (P.L. 2002, c. 104) to determine whether criminal history record information exists which may disqualify the applicant from being registered by the Board; and
6. Applicant must submit, as part of the application for registration, evidence of good moral character
Biennial registration required. NJ Board Reg 13:39-6.6.
Training is only required when the ratio exceeds 2:1 set by the state board. [NJ Board Reg. 14:14–80]
The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program has been approved by the Board of Pharmacy.
The technician-to-pharmacist ratio is 2:1. The pharmacy may petition the board to exceed the ratio if each pharmacy technician is certified by a board-approved program. If the ratio is allowed to exceed 2:1, the pharmacy must have a written policy and procedure manual.
[NJ Board Reg. 13:39-6.6]
Only required to maintain certification.
Can the ExCPT be Taken?
The ExCPT has been approved by the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy. (Note: completion of an approved training program is required.)
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.