(ExCPT) Pharmacy Technician Certification > Requirements > North Carolina Requirements
North Carolina Pharmacy Technician Certification Requirements
North Carolina Board of Pharmacy
PO Box 4560
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-4560
Web site: www.ncbop.org
Requirements: [NC Statute 90-85.15A]
1. Applicant must provide evidence of a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Applicant must complete a training program.
3. Applicant must submit an application ($30) to the pharmacy board within 30 days of completion of a training program.
Applicant must submit renewal application ($30) to the pharmacy board annually by December 31st.
Pharmacy managers must train new technicians who are just registering within 180 days of employment according to the criteria set forth in statutes. [NC Statute 90-85.15A(b)
] Pharmacy technicians may use The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program
together with appropriate supervision of practical experience.
Only required to maintain certification.
Can the ExCPT be Taken?
1. If the pharmacist supervises three or more technicians, at least one must be certified by a nationally recognized certification program approved by the board; certification is voluntary for the other two.
2. If the pharmacist supervises less than three technicians, certification is completely voluntary.
The ExCPT is applying for board approval. Those technicians for whom certification is voluntary may obtain national certification by taking the ExCPT.
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at email@example.com. Thank you.