(ExCPT) Pharmacy Technician Certification > Requirements > Wyoming Requirements
Wyoming Pharmacy Technician Certification Requirements
Requirements: [WY Board Reg. C 10-8]
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
2. Applicant must not have any felony or gross misdemeanor convictions related to controlled substances within 36 months of submitting an application.
3. Applicant must obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent.
4. Applicant can have no history of drug abuse or provide satisfactory evidence of rehabilitation.
5. Applicant must submit a technician-in-training application ($15) which is valid for two years and non-renewable. A waiver must also be submitted to the board. This serves as work permit until the applicant is qualified to become a technician. Applicants must contact the Wyoming board of pharmacy for applications.
6. Applicant must provide evidence of current certification by a board- approved certification program.
7. Applicant must submit an application (must request from Wyoming board of pharmacy) for licensure as a technician.
$35 annually including submitting CE documentation by December 31st.
Pharmacist-in-charge is responsible for administering a training program and is responsible for maintaining records.
[WY Board Reg. C 10-7] Pharmacies may adopt
The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program as part of their training programs.
Every technician seeking renewal of his or her pharmacy technician license must submit six contact hours of approved continuing education. [WY Board Reg. C 10-11]
Can the ExCPT be Taken?
Certification is required by a board-approved program. ExCPT will apply for approval.
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you.