> Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification
Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificiation (CMLA)
As a Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant you’ll help perform analytical tests that are crucial in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
As a CMLA, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Assist clinical laboratory personnel in the analysis of blood and body fluids
- Perform phlebotomy procedures
- Accession, centrifuge, separate serum or plasma from cells and deliver specimens for testing
- Prepare special tests for reference laboratory pick up
- Communicate with nursing units about specimen integrity issues, or re-draw requests
- Process all specimens delivered to the lab for testing
Benefits to obtaining a Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification may include: more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, job security, and increased subject matter expertise.