> Patient Care Technician Certification
The Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A)
The Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant assists doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals in providing direct patient care in a variety of healthcare environments. As a CPCT/A, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Provide basic patient care including bathing, feeding, toileting and ambulating patients
- Acquire and distribute patient care supplies
- Change bed linens and process dirty linens properly
- Perform safety checks to keep patient rooms clean and clutter – free
- Maintain clear paths in hallways clear and return equipment that is no longer in use
- Obtain EKG readings
- Perform phlebotomy procedures
Benefits to obtaining a Patient Care Technician/Assistant Certification may include: more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, job security, and increased subject matter expertise.
Sign up for the CPCT/A exam for $149 today.