Certifications > Pharmacy Technician Certification
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
Pharmacy Technician Certification Program is accredited by the National
Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Technicians who pass the
(ExCPT) Pharmacy Exam are granted the title of Certified Pharmacy
Technician (CPhT). Our program was established by the Institute for the
Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) which is now a part of NHA.
All content previously found on NationalTechExam.org is now available
right here on nhanow.com.
Individuals with Pharmacy Technician
Certifications will typically perform work delegated by licensed
pharmacists in accordance with state rules and regulations. As a CPhT,
you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Receive written prescription requests from patients, and prescriptions sent electronically from doctors’ offices
- In some states, you may process physicians’ orders by phone
- Read the prescription, retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and may mix or compound medications
- Establish and maintain patient profiles
- Prepare insurance claim forms and manage inventory
requiring clinical knowledge, such as prescription and health
questions, are always referred to a licensed pharmacist.
Benefits to obtaining a Pharmacy Technician Certification may include: more job opportunities
Sign up for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam for $105 today!
Note: Pharmacy Technician certification requirements vary by state. Please review state-specific pharmacy technician requisites by contacting your state board of pharmacy.