Requirements: [CMR 247.8.02]
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
2. Applicant must provide evidence of a high school diploma or equivalent.
3. Applicant must not have been convicted of a crime related to controlled substances.
4. Applicant must complete a board-approved training program.
5. Applicant must pass a board-approved exam.
6. Applicant must submit an application ($136) to the pharmacy board.
(Training must be complete before registering as a technician.)
$51 biannually before registrant birthday.
Training can be completed one of two ways: [CMR 247.8.02]
1. Enroll in a board-approved training program outlined in the regulations. The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program is approved by the Board.
2. Complete 500 hours of employment as a technician trainee.
The technician-to-pharmacist ratio is 3:1 provided at least one of the three support personnel is a pharmacy intern or a certified pharmacy technician. The ratio can be increased to 4:1 provided at least one of the four support personnel is a certified pharmacy technician and one is a pharmacy intern; or at least two of the support personnel are certified pharmacy technicians. [CMR 247.8.06
Only Required To Maintain Certification
Can the ExCPT be Taken?
The ExCPT has been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy.
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at email@example.com. Thank you.