Have satisfied the Board that he or she is of good moral and professional character;
here are two levels of licensure for pharmacy technicians:
Pharmacy Technician I (an employer- specific license)
Pharmacy Technician II (a transferable- specific license)
Requirements to becoming a pharmacy technician: [RI Reg. 23.11-12]
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. (Tech I allows exceptions for certain high school students)
2. Applicant must provide evidence of a high school diploma or equivalent. (Tech I allows current enrollment in high school or equivalent)
3. Applicant must submit an application ($40) to the pharmacy board.
4. Applicant can have no prior felony convictions related to controlled substances.
5. Applicant for Technician I must enroll in a board-approved technician training program.
6. Applicant for Technician I must have completed a Board- approved pharmacy technician training program or a nationally recognized pharmacy technician certification exam.
Pharmacy Technician I: Training requirements for Pharmacy Tech I's are outlined in section 24.19.
Pharmacy Technician II: Requirements for training programs approved for Pharmacy Tech II's are outlined in section 24.18.
Note: This chart is provided as an informational service only and is not to be construed as legal advice. While reasonable attempts were made to ensure accuracy of this information at the time of writing, it is subject to change. Readers are encouraged to check the applicable statutes or board regulations for the latest information. This information does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Hyperlinks used above may expire if the Board of Pharmacy has made changes to its website. If a hyperlink does not work, you can still access the referenced information by visiting the Board of Pharmacy website address listed above. To report any out-of-date information on this list, please notify us at email@example.com. Thank you.