Want to engage? Here’s how.
The certification boards have developed a Codes of Ethics found at the bottom of this page.
If you have an interest in serving on one of the boards or committees listed above, please fill out our survey below.
If you have additional questions we invite you to reach out to either Jessica Langley-Loep, Executive Director of Education & Advocacy or Douglas Viehland, Executive Director of Certifications
Want to participate in one of NHA’s engagement boards or committees?
Please complete the short survey that will capture your interest and professional details. Once you complete the survey, a member of our team will reach out to provide additional information about your request.Start Survey
NHA Engagement Board and Committee Members
NHA Certification Governing Board
The NHA Certification Governing Board oversees seven of the eight certifications offered by NHA. A separate board oversees the ExCPT exam and CPhT certification program. The Board typically includes one representative of each of the seven certifications. One additional member serves as a public member to represent the consumers of these services. Members serve three-year terms and may serve consecutive terms. The end of their current term is noted below.
Tracey Pinkney, CCMA, CPT, CPCT/A, CET, ExCPT, (Chair – 2021)
Assistant Center Manager, CSL Plasma, New Jersey
Adjunct Professor, Eastern University, Philadelphia
April Austin, NRCMA, CBCS (Member – 2023)
Lead MBC Instructor, Unitech Training Academy
Marilyn Bier, CAE, ACC (Public Member – 2022)
President and Owner, Bluewater Consulting and Coaching, LLC
Tracey Faulkner RN, BSN, MBA, CIR (Member – 2021)
Talent Acquisition Leader and Business Partner, Washington University School of Medicine
St. Louis, Missouri
Daniel L. Gottschall Jr, CCA, CBCS, CMAA (Member – 2021)
Business Office Representative, Capitol Pediatrics & Adolescent Center
Raleigh, North Carolina
Tracy A. Huneke CP, NPA, CHI (Member – 2021)
Director/School of Allied Health Careers, Nursing Division, Griffin Health Services
Nikki Patterson, CMA (Member – 2022)
OPG EMR Educator Manager, OhioHealth
Helen Suchocki-Martinez CCMA, CET, CPT, CHI, AHCM (Member – 2023)
Medical Assistant/Health Technician, Rutgers College, Hurtado Health Center
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Medical Assistant Instructor, CPR Instructor (AHA & ASHI)
Lincoln Tech, Iselin, New Jersey
NHA Code of Ethics
As a certified professional through the NHA, I have a duty to:
- To use my best efforts for the betterment of society, the profession, and the members of the profession.
- Uphold the standards of professionalism and be honest in all professional interactions.
- Continue to learn, apply, and advance scientific and practical knowledge and skills, stay up to date on the latest research and its practical application.
- Participate in activities contributing to the improvement of personal health, our society, and the betterment of the allied health industry.
- Continuously act in the best interests of the general public.
- Protect and respect the dignity and privacy of all patients.
ExCPT Certification Governing Board
The ExCPT Certification Governing Board oversees the ExCPT exam and the CPhT certification program. Members include certified pharmacy technicians currently employed and practicing in the field and other stakeholder members such as pharmacists, educators and employers. One additional member serves as a public member to represent the consumers of these services. Members serve three-year terms and may serve consecutive terms. The end of their current term is noted below.
Timothy M. Maynard, PharmD (2022 – Pharmacist) Chair--Stakeholder Member
Director of Pharmacy Recruiting and College Relations, Albertson's Companies
Anita V. Benavidez, MBA, BSHA, CPhT (2021 – Technician) Technician Member
Supervisor, Pharmacy Operations, Optum/Avella Specialty Pharmacy
Aimee Capps, CPhT (2023 — Technician) Technician Member
Front End Physician Contact Technician, CVS Health
Richard (Rick) Capraro Jr. CPhT (2022 – Technician) Technician Member
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Brigham & Women's Hospital
Laura Churns, PharmD, (2023 — Pharmacist) Stakeholder Member
Manager, Pharmacy Regulatory Affairs, Capsule Corporation
New York, New York
Leigh Anne Taylor Knight, Ed.D. (2021) Public Member
Chief Operating Officer, The DeBruce Foundation
Kansas City, Missouri
Daniel Nyakundi, CPhT (2023 – Technician) Technician Member
Quality Assurance Technician/Pharmacy Educator, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
Pharmacy Technician Code of Ethics*
Pharmacy Technicians are healthcare professionals who assist pharmacists in providing the best possible care for patients. The principles of this code, which apply to pharmacy technicians working in any and all settings, are based on the application and
support of the moral obligations that guide the pharmacy profession in relationships with patients, healthcare professionals and society.
The following principles apply to all ExCPT Certified Pharmacy Technicians:
- A pharmacy technician’s first consideration is to ensure the health and safety of the patient, and to use knowledge and skills to the best of his/her ability in serving patients.
- A pharmacy technician supports and promotes honesty and integrity in the profession, which includes a duty to observe the law, maintain the highest moral and ethical conduct at all times and uphold the ethical principles of the profession.
- A pharmacy technician assists and supports the pharmacists in the safe and efficacious and cost effective distribution of health services and healthcare resources.
- A pharmacy technician respects and values the abilities of pharmacists, colleagues and other healthcare professionals.
- A pharmacy technician maintains competency in his/her practice and continually enhances his/ her professional knowledge and expertise.
- A pharmacy technician respects and supports the patient’s individuality, dignity, and confidentiality.
- A pharmacy technician respects the confidentiality of a patient’s records and discloses pertinent information only with proper authorization.
- A pharmacy technician never assists in dispensing, promoting or distribution of medication or medical devices that are not of good quality or do not meet the standards required by law.
- A pharmacy technician does not engage in any activity that will discredit the profession, and will expose, without fear or favor, illegal or unethical conduct of the profession.
- A pharmacy technician associates with and engages in the support of organizations, which promote the profession of pharmacy through the utilization and enhancement of pharmacy technicians.
*Adapted from The American Association of Pharmacy Technicians Code of Ethics, published Am. J. Health-Syst Pharm. 2003.
NHA’s Advisory Boards are hand-selected groups of volunteers who bring unique knowledge and expertise in the professions we serve in order to provide key insights and recommendations to the organization.
NHA Innovation Board — Coming Soon
Comprised of industry thought leaders and innovative thinkers that will provide feedback and insights on NHA’s long-term strategic direction.
NHA Healthcare Employer Advisory Board
Ebony Vega, LVN
Manager, Clinical Education, Dignity Health Medical Foundation
Adele R. Johnson-Kebe, SHRM-CP, PHR
System Human Resources Director, Mercy Health
Deb Lehker, RN
Clinical Education Specialist, Banner Health
Pamela Springer, PhD., MSN
Director Clinical Learning Services, St. Luke’s Health System
Mari Knettle, BS, DPT, EdD.
Director Center for Health Sciences Education, Cleveland Clinic
Nikki Nissen, MSN
Sr. Director/Chief Nursing Officer, Novant Health
VP of Programs, Futuro Health
NHA Healthcare Educator Advisory Board — Coming Soon
NHA Retail Healthcare Advisory Board
Pharmacy Technician Instructor, Florida Career College
RCO-Pharmacy Technician Department Chair, Remington College
Pharmacy Technician Program Director, Mississippi Delta
Senior Development and Training Coach, Amerisource Bergen
Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Lead Team), Hometown Pharmacy Wisconsin
Senior Manager of Prescription Processing, Pill Pack
Pharmacy Supervisor, Hy-Vee
Sr. Consultant, Retail Pharmacy Operations/Compliance, CVS
Pharmacy Technician Instructor, Cypress Fairbanks ISD
Pharmacy Technician Instructor, Sollers High School
Pharmacy Administrator, Magruder Hospital, Pharmacy Systems Inc.