Continuing education requirements for certification
NHA continuing education courses are included in your certification
Your job isn’t always 9 to 5. That is why we’ve made it convenient for you to earn your CE credits online without additional fees.
Our CE library helps you earn the 10 required credits needed every two years to keep your certification active. NHA generally accepts CE from other sources to meet the requirements for certification renewal. Using outside CE credits does not affect renewal fees. Go to the renewal page to get details on how to stay certified.Learn How to Renew Your Certification
Over 83% of NHA certification holders use the NHA CE library because it is easy to access and apply toward recertification. (According to a 2017 survey of NHA certificate holders)
How to complete your CE credits
What is available in the NHA CE library?
The NHA CE library is exclusively available to NHA certificate holders and contains articles by leading subject matter experts. This robust library is continuously refreshed with timely healthcare industry information to help you stay informed.See the latest CE release
I enjoy being NHA certified to stay up-to-date on all health compliances and to ensure quality patient care while giving my best to patients and my work environment. I choose to continue my education through NHA because I know they'll help me with the proper resources and information to attain the sufficient knowledge to better my career!
Hazel Ann Lane, CPT
Additional NHA continuing education information
- If your certification has been expired for less than one year, you must earn 15 continuing education credits in order to reinstate
- If your certification has been expired for more than one year, you must retake the certification exam
- You may earn continuing education credits through sources outside NHA and apply them toward your required renewal credits. Login to the certification portal to learn more
- Different requirements apply to Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certificate holders
- Refund Policy: There is no refund offered on continuing education
Stay in touch — subscribe to NHA's Care + Career blog