See the Principles of Health Coaching™ learning experience in action.
Build necessary skills for better patient communication, education, and engagement
It improved my understanding of health coaching, even though I have been working and teaching in the medical field for over 20 years. Nurse, Principles of Health Coaching™ beta user
Who can practice health coaching?
- Medical assistant
- Nurses (LPN, RN, NP, CNC)
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Social workers
- Care coordinators
- Front office staff
What are the basic principles of health coaching?
Health coaching helps patients gain knowledge and understanding to take a more active role in achieving their health goals. The Principles of Health Coaching™ certificate program emphasizes effective patient communication techniques, introducing and then assessing learners on key foundational concepts of health coaching methodology.
Self-paced, online modules include:
- Introduction to Health Coaching
- Collaboration & Communication
- Relationships and Responsibilities of a Health Coach
- Motivational Interviewing (featuring simulated conversations with virtual patients)
+ Knowledge checks and quizzes throughout learning process
+ Trackable analytics that provide usage and performance insights
Interactive conversations with virtual patients give clinicians hands-on practice using evidence-based patient communication techniques.
More about NHA's accreditation
- 10 Continuing Education (CE) credits are required every two years to maintain certification
- NHA's continuing education courses are free to current certification holders
- You can complete your 10 CE credits any time prior to your certification expiration and our CE library is available online 24/7
Learn More About Continuing Education ‣
NHA Mobile —
Empowering learner success with study-on-the-go flashcards aligned to your enrolled NHA course.