What is ACE Learning Evaluations Service (formerly CREDIT®)?
The American Council on Education's Learning Evaluations Service connects workplace learning with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside the traditional classroom.
Which NHA Certification Exams have been approved by ACE?
The following NHA Certification Exams have been approved BY ACE:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) – 2 semester hours, lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) – 2 semester hours, lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) – 2 semester hours, lower-division baccalaureate/associate dregree category
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A) – 1 semester hour, lower-division baccalaureate/associate dregree category
How do I know if I am eligible?
- Certification holders that have successfully passed the NHA CCMA & CPT exam between Jan. 1, 2020 to present are eligible to apply for ACE credit. It is NOT retroactive prior to 2020.
- Certification holders that have successfully passed the CET & CPCT/A exam between June 1, 2022 to present, are eligible to apply for ACE credit.
Where do I find courses or exams that have been approved by ACE?
The ACE National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training – contains ACE credit recommendations for formal courses or examinations offered by various organizations, from businesses and unions to the government and military.View ACE Approved NHA Certification Exams
What is the process for obtaining a transcript from Acclaim by Credly identifying my ACE Learning Evaluations Service?
An NHA learner successfully passes an ACE approved certification exam.
NHA notifies ACE/Credly of learners successfully completing an approved certification exam.
NHA then issues/approves a transcript via Credly and the learner/earner receives an email from Credly
The earner acts on the email and creates an account with Credly in order to accept the transcript/badge.
The earner must click the "Accept your transcript/badge" button.
The earner puts the badge to work by sharing and/or ordering a transcript.
Instructors: where should your earners go if they have questions?Visit Credly Help Center: earners are invited to engage with Credly or submit a ticket by using the Contact Us button.
How can ACE credits benefit you?
It allows individuals who have passed an NHA certification exam or NHA learning resource to earn college credit for that work.
That work will be captured in the form of an ACE transcript that works in the same way as a traditional college/university transcript.
These credits can be used to meet continuing education (not for NHA recertification) or career development requirements (for employers) or could potentially be transferred to another institution of higher learning and count towards completion of an associated degree.
*Please note that the evaluation and acceptance of transfer credit is always up to the incoming institution and it is not a guarantee that transfer credit will be aligned or awarded.
Helpful ACE resources
Instructors and Employers: Give learners a chance for college credit
Find out how easy it is to get started offering NHA certifications to your students or employees. Fill out your information below and one of our certification specialists will reach out to you right away!